AME - Maintenance
Reports To: Director of Maintenance, VIH Aerospace Inc.
Status: Full Time
Location: VIH Aerospace, North Saanich
General Job Definition:
Responsible for the maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and testing of aircraft structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Activities are performed in accordance with the MPM, the customer's MCM, the customer's approved maintenance schedules, manufacturer's recommendation, and Transport Canada requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect/assess and assist repairs to aircraft structures, systems and equipment.
- Remove/install and functionally test aircraft components.
- Dismantle aircraft systems for repair and overhaul, and reassemble.
- Assemble and rig aircraft control systems.
- Diagnostically troubleshoot aircraft defects and carry out corrective action.
- Complete records of work done and sustain an accurate record system.
- Ensure maintenance is conducted and recorded in accordance with applicable VIHA-approved manuals, maintenance schedules, applicable standards, practices and specifications.
- Ensure test and inspection equipment used in the maintenance of aircraft are calibrated and that the calibration is current IAW the MPM.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Ensure ground support equipment is properly maintained and maintenance facilities are clean and safe.
- Submit identified Service Difficulty Reports to Quality Assurance for processing.
- Accepts and completes any other assigned work in a productive manner.
- Completion of secondary school and a certified trades training institution or equivalent.
- AME license M1 and/or M2.
- Minimum 5 years as a licensed AME.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has ability to read and understand technical manuals and instructions, and able to use technical drawings, data and standards.
- Able to apply tool calibration standards and procedures, and is a skilled worker using basic and special tools.
- Familiar with and follows shop safety procedures and standards.
- Able to work productively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other VIH Group departments.
- Experience on any of the following types would be an asset: S-92, S-61, H130, Bell 407, Bell 212, Bell 205.
- Possesses valid passport.
- Willing to work overtime or unusual shifts, as required.
- Willing to travel for extended periods.
Deadline for applications: Open until position filled