Reports To: Production Manager, VIH Aerospace Inc.
Status: Full Time
Location: VIH Aerospace, North Saanich
General Job Definition:
Performs all the tasks of a Structures Technician in addition to being authorized to train and supervise apprentices; as well as final inspection to certify the airworthiness of an aircraft or component after maintenance or repair.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal components, including fuselage, nacelles, control surfaces, and other components.
- Complete logs or work sheets for all work accomplished as directed.
- Responsible for the disposition of parts issued from stores as directed.
- Attend training courses as required to remain current.
- Monitor and instruct apprentices during on-job training.
- Maintain a record of tasks and work accomplished in the log book.
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a recognized course of studies achieving an AME certification.
- Hold and maintain a valid AME's license.
- Good MS Office skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and instructions.
- Experience in "shop" environment (machine shop, sheet metal, welding, technical assembly).
- Ability to follow directions provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple priorities.
- Possesses valid passport.
- Willing to travel for extended periods, with minimal notice.
- Willing to work overtime or unusual shifts, as required.
Deadline for applications: Open until position filled