Avionics Technicians and Apprentices
Reports To: Avionics Supervisor, VIH Aerospace Inc.
Status: Full Time
Location: VIH Aerospace, North Saanich
General Job Definition:
Under direct supervision perform all aircraft maintenance duties related to installation, adjustment, repair and overhaul of aircraft instruments, electrical and avionic systems following the MPM, air operators MCM, the air operators approved maintenance schedules, Safety and Health Program and Transport Canada requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Completes company directed training and instruction and successfully passes associated examinations and tests.
- Works productively within a multi-discipline team environment.
- Accepts and completes job assignments within his/her skill designation in a productive manner.
- Completes work in accordance with Transport Canada regulations, company technical procedures and other applicable technical requirements.
- Maintains accurate log book entries for work performed.
- Addresses all defects as per MPM and MCM and adheres to the quality assurance program.
- Develops increased personal productivity, within his/her skill group, through practical experience, training, and education.
- Accepts and completes any other assigned work, in a productive manner.
- Completion of Secondary School and attendance of a recognized Trades Course resulting in an AME license Cat E.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of electrical systems and ability to read and understand appropriate manuals, schematics, and technical information necessary to adequately perform his/her duties.
- Familiar with and follows shop safety procedures and standards.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other VIH Group departments.
- Possesses sufficient physical capacity to perform required tasks.
- Willing to work overtime or unusual shifts, as required.
- Be able to work in an unsupervised job environment.
- Possesses valid driver's license.
Deadline for applications: Open until position filled