Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor, VIH Aerospace Inc.
Status: Full Time
Location: VIH Aerospace, North Saanich
General Job Definition:
VIH Aerospace is currently seeking a competent CNC Operator/Programmer to join our manufacturing department. The ideal candidate must be able to operate a 5-Axis Computer Numerically Controlled machine as well as manual machining equipment safely and accurately in a variety of functions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Carry out and complete work assignments as directed.
- Operate Manual and CNC machinery.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, drawings, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available, anticipating needed stock, place orders and verify receipt of stock.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machine can perform the correct functions.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts into the machine.
- Prepare a test run to check if the machine produces outputs according to specifications.
- Set machine to complete full cycles to fabricate a large quantity of parts.
- Supervise the machine while it executes the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce better results.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Proven skills in operating CNC machinery, tooling, and precision measurement equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Computer savvy with an understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus.
- Successfully completed apprenticeship is required.
- Red Seal Endorsement preferred.
- Ability to program and operate a 5-Axis CNC machine.
- Ability to operate manual Mill, Lathe and Cutting Equipment.
- Ability to work with great concentration and precission.
- Must possess a keen eye for detail and mechanical aptitude.
- Good communication abilities.
- The ability to work individually or in teams.
Deadline for Applications: Open until position is filled